Friday, July 22, 2011

"Soar" Music box finished








Here it is, the finished (okay, some of the glue isn't COMPLETELY dry yet...) music box.  The book is an old vet. met. book on farm animals, feet are made from some beads stacked together, the movement plays 'Music Box Dancer'.  The front cover is made from pages cut from the book and inked/rolled/embellished and glued, the stamped images are from Close To My Heart.  I can't remember where the other embellishments all came from - I just collect the things I like and use them where they seem to 'fit'.

I wrote the poem because I could not find one I liked on the web.  The poem is at the bottom of the post.  I really enjoyed making this music box, I hope you all enjoy it as well.

Again, entries in the challenges from http://inspiration-avenue-team.blogspot.com/  and  http://takeaword.blogspot.com/



                                 The Young Bird Sings    by Nicole Gillette

The young bird sings
Perched in her nest
A song she learned
From her mother’s breast.
She sings high,
She sings true,
She sings of things
She wishes she knew.

She sings the song
Her mother learned
When she’d soar high
And then return.
Her mother sings
From up above
She sings a song about
Courage and love.
On the edge
Of the nest she stands
She spreads her wings
And understands.
This one move
Must be her own
To take her first flight
To prove she has grown.
The wind blows gently
And lifts her wings
She finally knows
What her mother’s song means.

The young bird sings
A song she learned
When she soared high
And then returned.

9 comments:

  1. Oh its wonderful to see the finished music box and get to see all the individual details! Lovely beautiful poem.

    I'll update your IA entry so that it now links to this post.

    Kat :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw Kat's comment and went looking for your updated music box. This is lovely. I admit, my hand cramped just seeing all the detail from that niche. I cut a large PDR (Physician's Desk Reference) and turned it into a jewelry box with drawers, so I know how much work went into that music box niche. It is lovely, and I really like all the details you put into this piece, including the rolled scrolls.

    I was saddened to read about your friend. Such pain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, what a wonderful, wonderful music box. Kudos to you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, great job on your music box. Your poem touched my heart. I'm glad you couldn't find one and had to share this lovely sentiment with us. Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a very beautiful poem! Is it a tribute to your own Mother? And, I love the music box, of course! What a super job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful music box, wonderful poem! Thanks for playing along with the Bloggers Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow lots of love and work went into this beautiful music box. Your poem was wonderful. Thanks for playing along with the BC Back to School challenge.

    ReplyDelete